Monday 2 April 2012

Reversible and Irreversible Changes Unit 6D

Assessment criteria and Learning outcomes:

·       I have experimented by mixing a selection of different materials and found out how this changes them.

·       I can explain the changes that happen when some materials are mixed with water.

·       I can explain the terms ‘reversible’ and ‘irreversible’ changes.

·       I can explain how to use dissolving, filtering and evaporation to separate a mixture of sand, salt and water.

·       I have made dough and found out how it changes if I heat it. I can describe the changes that take place using my science knowledge.

·       I know what kinds of things change and cannot be changed back again after heating.

·       I have mixed ingredients to make a cake or biscuit and can explain how they had changed after I heated them.

·       I can use science words and terms to describe these changes.

·       I have found out about the kinds of materials that will burn.

·       I know what they change into and that they cannot be changed back.

·       I can explain the differences between burning and heating using my science knowledge.

·       I can explain the care I must take with different burning materials.

No comments:

Post a Comment