Monday 2 April 2012

Balanced and Unbalanced Forces Unit 6E

Assessment criteria and Learning outcomes:

·       I can use a Newton meter to measure mass. I can read the scales on it accurately.

·       I can explain how gravity makes things have weight

·       I have found how gravitational attraction affects things in space and on the moon.

·       I can explain balanced forces and use diagrams to show the directions of the forces acting on the objects.

·       I can explain how ‘friction’ works to slow down objects in motion.

·       I have experimented to find out about the forces that springs and elastic bands have when stretched.

·       I know what happens if two forces work in opposite directions on something.

·       I can explain the term ‘upthrust’ using my science knowledge.

·       I can explain what happens when an object floats or sinks using my science knowledge.

·       I can explain what happens when two forces acting on a moving object are unbalanced.

·       I can explain why aircraft and racing cars are smooth, sleek shapes.

·       I know why air resistance helps a parachute to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment