· I can use a Newton meter to measure mass. I can read the scales on it accurately.
· I can explain how gravity makes things have weight
· I have found how gravitational attraction affects things in space and on the moon.
· I can explain balanced forces and use diagrams to show the directions of the forces acting on the objects.
· I can explain how ‘friction’ works to slow down objects in motion.
· I have experimented to find out about the forces that springs and elastic bands have when stretched.
· I know what happens if two forces work in opposite directions on something.
· I can explain the term ‘upthrust’ using my science knowledge.
· I can explain what happens when an object floats or sinks using my science knowledge.
· I can explain what happens when two forces acting on a moving object are unbalanced.
· I can explain why aircraft and racing cars are smooth, sleek shapes.
· I know why air resistance helps a parachute to work.
· I can use tables and line graphs to explain my results.