· I know what a solution is and how to make one.
· I have experimented with different materials to find out what kinds of things will dissolve in water.
· I have experimented to find out how much of different materials will dissolve.
· I have used bar line graph to show and explain my results.
· I have found out how to use filtering to separate a material that will not dissolve in water.
· I have found out about how evaporating can be used to get a solid back after it has been dissolved.
· I have used dissolving, filtering and evaporating to separate a mixture of sand, salt and water.
· I have experimented with different volumes of water to get ‘saturated point’ for a solid.
· I know I must check my observations and measurements by repeating them.
· I know what sort of thermometer to use.
· I know that sugar dissolves more quickly in water and wonder if salt would do the same.
· I can use a temperature sensor, and create a graph on the computer.