Assessment criteria and Learning outcomes:
· I have looked at the living things in an area nearby.
· I have looked at plants that grow in an area nearby. I know some of their names and what they look like.
· I have found out how one area nearby can be different from another one.
· I have found out why some things live in one place and some things in another.
· I have compared what kinds of animals live in one place and what animals live in another.
· I do all these things safely.
· I can explain how different animals change as they grow older.
· I have grown or watched a plant grow, until it has flowers.
· I know that the seeds that the flowers make grow into new plants.
· I can complete a fair test with help from my teacher or TA.
· I can compare the results in my tests.
· I can say whether my guess is right from the results of my test.
· I can use what I already know to explain what I already know to explain what happens in my tests.