· I know about very small living things that help break down waste materials.
· I know some of their names and what they look like.
· I know why these very small living things are important.
· I know about microbes that can be harmful and what they can do.
· I know how to stop them from causing harm.
· I know that microbes can cause food decay and know how to stop this.
· I have found out about the conditions that help to keep them alive.
· I have investigated how to use some of them to produce food.
· I know I must be careful when working with micro-organisms and why.
· I know what ‘decomposers’ mean.
· I can make all things the same in my investigation except the one I want to know about.
· I can write clear accounts and explain my results using my scientific knowledge.