· I have done an experiment with plants to see how light affects the way they grow.
· I have seen how light, water and temperature affect the way plants grow outside.
· I know why leaves are important for plants to make food.
· I know that plants can make food, and I know what is important about photosynthesis.
· I have found out about nutrients that plants get from the soil.
· I have looked closely at roots of plants and seen how their shape helps them to hold a plant into the soil.
· I have used inky water to see how water goes into a plant’s roots and its stem.
· I have found out about the different animals and plants that live in different areas of the world.
· I know what ‘adapted’ means.
· I know how to draw a food chain to show what living thing is eating what in a given habitat.
· I can use a key to find out the names of plants and animals in a local habitat.
· I can suggest what might happen in a habitat and explain why.