Tuesday 3 April 2012

Magnets and Springs Unit 3E


Assessment criteria and Learning outcomes:

·       I can name and pick out different magnets from a group.

·       I have experimented with magnets to find out how they attract or repel each other.

·       I have experimented with magnets to find out how well they attract things and how far away this works.

·       I can name the metals that are attracted to magnets.

·       I have compared how magnetic materials are and how this affects their use.

·       I can describe and explain different ways in which magnets can be used in everyday life.

·       I can name different ways in which springs can be used in everyday life.

·       I have experimented to find out about the forces that springs and elastic bands have when stretched.

·       I have experimented to find out about the force that a spring has when it is squashed.

·       I can explain what happens if two forces work in opposite directions on something.

·       I can say what I think will happen and why.

·       I can decide what information I need to collect.

·       I can compare my results with other groups to see if there is any pattern in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment