Tuesday 3 April 2012

Light and Shadows Unit 3F


Assessment criteria and Learning outcomes:

·       I know I must not look directly at the sun because it will damage my eyes.

·       I have experimented with different objects that give light to see how the light travels from them.

·       I have experimented with different materials to find out which ones give shadows.

·       I can use drawing and writing to explain what I found out.

·       I know why we can see things, like light bulbs that give out light.

·       I can explain how shadows are formed and about their shapes.

·       I have kept a record of where the sun is in the sky during a whole day.

·       I have kept a record of how the shadow from a stick in the ground changes during the day.

·       I can use my science knowledge to describe what happens to the shadow during the course of the day.  

·       I can explain how the changes in shadows during the day are connected with the sun.

·       I can explain how a sundial can be used to tell the time during the day.

·       I know what the word ‘’axis’ mean and how it is connected with the Earth.

·       I know what ‘opaque’ means and can pick out opaque materials from a collection of materials.

·       I know what ‘transparent’ means and can pick out transparent materials from a collection of materials.

·       I know what ‘translucent’ means and can pick out translucent materials from a collection of materials.

·       I can say which materials will form bright shadows and which will not and explain why.

·       I can plan an investigation where several things change but I can control it so that only the one thing changes that I want to change.

·       I can check my observations and measurements by repeating them.

·       I can compare my results to see if there is a pattern.

·       I can suggest what might happen and explain why.

·       I can say if my prediction is correct.

·       I can write clear accounts and explain my results using my scientific knowledge.

·       I can use rulers, tapes and trundle wheels to measure length.

·       I can use a table and bar chart to present my result.

No comments:

Post a Comment