Assessment criteria and Learning outcomes:
· I can name and pick out rock types from a group of rocks.
· I have examined different rocks and put them into groups which look the same and explained my choice.
· I have looked closely at rocks and put them into groups which have similar textures.
· I know the uses of some rocks and why they are best for that job.
· I have experimented to find out which rocks allow water in and which ones do not.
· I have compared different types of soils and their properties.
· I have experimented with different types of soils to find out which ones allow water to travel through quickly.
· I can use a range of beakers and spoon sizes.
· I know what sort of timer to use.
· I can plan and carry out my test.
· I can keep a record of my measurements.
· I can use a table to present my results and explain what they mean.