Assessment criteria and Learning outcomes:
· I know how to find out how hot or cold something is.
· I can use a thermometer to measure temperature.
· I can use the computer to measure temperature.
· I have cooled hot water until the temperature is the same as its surrounding. I have found out how its temperature changes.
· I have warmed up cold water to its surrounding temperature.
· I can explain what is happening using my scientific knowledge.
· I can keep a record of what is happening.
· I can compare my results with other groups to see if there is any pattern in them.
· I can test which is the best way to keep things cool or warm.
· I can plan and carry out my test.
· I can decide on what I am going to do, to use, to change and what to measure.
· I make a graph of my findings.
· I can say if my predictions are correct.
· I can repeat my test to check my results.
· I know which materials are thermal conductors or thermal insulators.
· I know ways thermal insulators are used.