· I know the care I must take with loud sounds.
· I have looked at different instruments to find out how they make a sound. I know which ones have parts that you can see vibrating.
· I can explain how sound travels to the ear.
· I have experimented to find out about sound travelling through different materials and which ones are best.
· I can describe ways to reduce the level of sound reaching the ear.
· I have experimented with different materials to find out which ones reduce sound level.
· I know how to change the loudness of a sound on different instruments.
· I know what ‘pitch’ means. I know how to change this on different materials.
· I have experimented with water in containers to make different notes using blowing and tapping.
· I know how whistles, recorders and trumpets make a sound and what is vibrating.
· I can use diagrams to show how pitch of notes on a wind instrument can be changed.
· I can write clear accounts and explain my results using my scientific knowledge of sound.
· I can suggest ways to improve my work.