Tuesday 3 April 2012

Changing Sounds Unit 5F

Assessment criteria and Learning outcomes:

·       I know the care I must take with loud sounds.

·       I have looked at different instruments to find out how they make a sound. I know which ones have parts that you can see vibrating.

·       I can explain how sound travels to the ear.

·       I have experimented to find out about sound travelling through different materials and which ones are best.

·       I can describe ways to reduce the level of sound reaching the ear.

·       I have experimented with different materials to find out which ones reduce sound level.

·       I know how to change the loudness of a sound on different instruments.

·       I know what ‘pitch’ means. I know how to change this on different materials.

·       I have experimented with water in containers to make different notes using blowing and tapping.

·       I know how whistles, recorders and trumpets make a sound and what is vibrating.

·       I can use diagrams to show how pitch of notes on a wind instrument can be changed.

·       I can write clear accounts and explain my results using my scientific knowledge of sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment