Assessment criteria and Learning outcomes:
· I can put materials into groups that are similar in the way they feel.
· I can put materials together that look similar.
· I know where wood, paper, wool and rock come from.
· I know the different ways that wood, glass, plastic and wool can be used.
· I know the uses of lots of different materials and why they are best for the job.
· I have found out which materials can change their shape when squashed and how their shape changes.
· I have found out how bending and twisting can change the shape of some materials.
· I have found out how different materials can be stretched.
· I have made something from clay and can explain how it had changed after I heated it.
· I have mixed ingredients to make a cake or biscuit and can explain how they had changed after I heated them.
· I have seen ice melt and water change to steam and can describe what I saw.
· I can test different ways in which ice can be made to melt more quickly.
· I can use a table to show my result.
· I can say what my results show.