Assessment criteria and Learning outcomes:
· I have compared solids and liquids and know the differences between them.
· I have experimented with sand, rock, water, cooking oil and air to find out how easily each of them can flow.
· I have found out about the differences in the way that solids, liquids and gases keep or change their shape.
· I have found out about volume changing in gases and staying the same in solids and liquids.
· I know that air fills up all the spaces in materials with gaps in them.
· I can repeat my observations in order to check my results and findings.
· I can keep a record of what is happening.
· I can plan and carry out my test.
· I can name different types of gases.
· I know how we use each one.
· I have experimented to see how gases flow more easily than liquids.
· I know what is special about solids, liquids and gases.