Assessment criteria and Learning outcomes:
· I have experimented to find out about some of the differences between ice, water and steam.
· I know what happens when water ‘disappears’.
· I have found out how other liquids evaporate.
· I have investigated different conditions that can affect the rate of evaporation.
· I have found out how to boil and also evaporate water and then change it back to water again.
· I have found out about the water cycle. I know what ‘evaporation’ and ‘condensation’ mean in it.
· I know the ‘boiling temperature’ and ‘freezing temperature’ of water.
· I know how to change water into ice and make it into water again.
· I know how to make chocolate liquid and make it solid again.
· I can use a temperature sensor, and create a graph on the computer.
· I can suggest what might happen and explain why.
· I can write clear accounts and explain my results using scientific knowledge.