Assessment criteria and Learning outcomes:
· I can use scales to measure mass accurately.
· I can define a ‘newton’ and can use a Newton meter to measure force.
· I can explain what ‘friction’ means
· I can identify surfaces which will have high or low friction and explain why.
· I have found out how the brakes on a bicycle work and can explain what happens to them when used.
· I can explain how friction can be useful.
· I know what water resistance means and can explain how the shapes of some objects can help them move easily in water.
· I know what ‘air resistance’ mean.
· I have experimented with dropping pieces of paper or cotton wool in different ways to find out how forces affect things.
· I can use a stop watch.
· I can decide what information I need to collect.
· I can carry out a fair test and decide how to use my results.
· I can repeat my tests and compare my results to see if there is a pattern.
· I can use my scientific knowledge to explain my results.