Assessment criteria and Learning outcomes:
· I can suggest ideas to investigate, which can be done in school and are safe.
· I can explain why electrical objects will not work without a battery or when a wire is not connected.
· I know all different materials, which will or will not conduct electricity.
· I can explain what electrical ‘conductors’ or ‘insulators’ are.
· I can investigate which materials allow electricity to pass through them.
· I can explain why metal and plastic are used in different parts of an electrical devise.
· I have made a circuit with a bulb, and a switch to control it. I can put the switch in different places in the circuit.
· I have used different numbers of batteries and bulbs to make bulbs brighter or dimmer in a circuit.
· I can make a circuit from a diagram containing a battery, bulbs, wires or buzzer and a switch.
· I can suggest what might happen if the components in a circuit are changed and explain why.
· I can make all things the same in my investigations except the one I want to know about.
· I can explain the care I must take with mains electricity and electrical circuits’ components.