Tuesday 3 April 2012

Earth, Sun and Moon Unit 5E


Assessment criteria and Learning outcomes:

·       I know what the sun, Earth and Moon are.

·       I know the shapes of the Sun, Earth and Moon.

·       I can explain why the sun appears to move across the sky during the day.

·       I know how the changes in shadows during the day are connected with the Sun.

·       I can explain the differences between ‘rotation’ and ‘revolution’.

·       I know how the Earth spins and why day and night are connected with this.

·       I can compare my results and identify a pattern.

·       I have kept a record of where the Sun is in the sky over several days using compass points.

·       I know how long it takes for the Earth to go around the Sun.

·       I know how long it takes the moon to go around the Earth.

·       I have used a model Earth and a torch to show how day and night happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment