Assessment criteria and Learning outcomes:
· I know what the sun, Earth and Moon are.
· I know the shapes of the Sun, Earth and Moon.
· I can explain why the sun appears to move across the sky during the day.
· I know how the changes in shadows during the day are connected with the Sun.
· I can explain the differences between ‘rotation’ and ‘revolution’.
· I know how the Earth spins and why day and night are connected with this.
· I can compare my results and identify a pattern.
· I have kept a record of where the Sun is in the sky over several days using compass points.
· I know how long it takes for the Earth to go around the Sun.
· I know how long it takes the moon to go around the Earth.
· I have used a model Earth and a torch to show how day and night happen.
· I can collect the information I need using various sources.