Assessment criteria and Learning outcomes:
· I know that plants can make food and know why we need plants to grow well.
· I have done an experiment with plants to see how light affects the way they grow.
· I have done an experiment with plants to see how different temperatures affect the way they grow.
· I have looked at plants that have different amounts of water supply and have seen how this affects the way they grow.
· I have seen how light, water and temperature affect the way plants grow outside.
· I can suggest what might happen and explain why.
· I can use a table and graph to show my results.
· I can write clear accounts and explain my results using my scientific knowledge.
· I can use a hand lens correctly to look at different things.
· I can use capacity measuring equipment.
· I can suggest ideas to investigate, which are connected with work I have already done.
· I can plan an investigation where several things change but I can control it so that only the one thing changes that I want to change.