Assessment criteria and Learning outcomes:
· I can explain why electrical objects will not work without a battery or when a wire is not connected.
· I have used different numbers of batteries and bulbs to make bulbs brighter or dimmer in a circuit.
· I have used a dimmer switch to make bulbs brighter or dimmer in a circuit
· I know how to draw the symbols used in a diagram for bulbs, batteries, wires, switches and buzzers.
· I can make a circuit from a diagram containing batteries, a buzzer and a switch.
· I can make a circuit from a diagram containing a battery, bulbs and wires.
· I can explain the effects on the brightness of a bulb when a thin or thick wire is used.
· I can plan my investigation BEFORE I start to do it.
· I can suggest ideas to investigate, which are connected with work I have already done.
· I must decide on what I am going to do, to use, to change, and what to measure.
· I know I must check my observations and measurements by repeating them.
· I can write clear accounts and explain my results using my scientific knowledge about electrical circuits.