Assessment criteria and Learning outcomes:
· I know what makes a plant a living thing.
· I can sort a collection of plants into ones that are alive, ones that have died and ones that have never been alive.
· I have looked at plants that grow in an area nearby. I know some of their names and what they look like.
· I have looked after a plant and know what it needs to stay alive.
· I know what the leaves and stems of some plants look like.
· I know what the flowers of different plants look like.
· I know what the roots of some plants look like.
· I can name the parts of a plant with flowers.
· I know what a plant needs to grow.
· I can carry out a test suggested to me about what a plant needs to grow and stay alive.
· I can draw pictures to show what I do and describe what I see.
· I can complete a table or chart to show what I do and observe.